The dining area before the renovation. 16 Cecil Rd, Bardon.DEVELOPMENT group Stockwell’s head of Funds Management Andrew Dalton and his wife Rachael have transformed an original Bardon home and now listed it for sale.The house at 16 Cecil Rd was bought from the original family from the mid twenties having never been sold before. The kitchen before renovation. And after.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home6 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours ago“Interestingly it was a house that had barely been touched since the twenties,’’ Mr Dalton said.“As a consequence of that all of the original features were maintained in the home such as silky oak panelling. A total new kitchen after.“What was of interest to me was that it was something that we could preserve, the character and the heritage of the home appealed to us.’’Mr Dalton said the former owner had moved into a nursing home, but had been shown the transformation and by all accounts was happy with what they had done. The bathroom before… And how it looks now.The home will be auctioned on April 27 through Glynis Austin Properties — Ray White Real Estate.
Clive Palmer snapped up this Fig Tree Pocket home for $5 million.Queensland’s richest man Clive Palmer is spending millions buying out his neighbours, with one of them banking $2.1 million in profit, others knocking him back and another agreeing to sell for $5 million in the most recent deal.Neighbours at Fig Tree Pocket have been left wondering what the former politician has planned for their secluded riverfront suburb, with his most recent deal seeing him hand over $5 million to secure a massive 12,100sq m block.MORE: Best on Show’s big winnersWhy cashed-up buyers are going rural‘It’s taken a pandemic’ but 43pc ready to ditch home loans nowFellow Queensland richlister and neighbour Bevan Slattery is understood to have already knocked back approaches to sell his home to Palmer. Mr Slattery had paid $8.25 million for his property in May 2014, which sits between that of Mr Palmer and his son Michael on the riverfront.Mr Palmer had bought his riverfront home there in 2018 off embattled Linc Energy founder Peter Bond for $7.5 million – a $2 million discount on what Rivergum Retreat had been listed for.The Palmers have quite the property portfolio in Fig Tree Pocket.Mr Bond had two properties on the market there, with the second bought by another party for $2.99 million in 2017, which sold for $5 million in March this year to Palmer’s firm Closeridge.Mr Palmer’s son Michael had bought the home next door to Mr Slattery on Ningana Street for $5.1 million in July 2018. The site has 1.34ha of land. Mr Palmer’s son also owns a neighbouring 3,430sq m property that he’d bought for $1.85 million in January 2016, according to CoreLogic records.Clive Palmer restarted his real estate buying spree after winning a $200 million court case in 2017. PICTURE: STEWART MCLEANIn March this year, Mr Palmer’s builders applied for special permission to build one of Brisbane’s largest private home jetties on the river by his Rivergum Retreat property.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus8 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market8 hours agoCoastal Pontoon & Jetty Repairs asked Brisbane City Council for a development permit for “tidal works” at Mr Palmer’s Fig Tree Pocket home – with the length of the proposed pontoon (28m) about three times that of the 10m length currently “acceptable” in Brisbane riverfront homes.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p216p216p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow much do I need to retire?00:58His most recent property purchase of Oakworth House in Fig Tree Pocket was listed by Alex Jordan of McGrath Paddington as being “situated on Fig Tree Pocket’s most prestigious street” with “a substantial 132-metre-wide frontage”.Mr Jordan declined to comment on the buyer of the property, instead saying that the prestige market in Brisbane was the best it had been in decades.Mr Palmer restarted his real estate buying spree after winning a $200 million case against Citic over Pilbara royalty payments in November 2017.FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK
UK-based shipbroker Braemar Shipping Services has entered into the conditional acquisition of the entire issued share capital of German NAVES Corporate Finance GmbH (NAVES), a corporate finance advisory business focused on the maritime industry.NAVES advises predominantly German clients on financing, restructuring, and sale and purchase transactions. Since the establishment of the business in 2009, the company advised on over USD 6.5 billion of capital and charter hire restructurings.The acquisition’s value has been set to EUR 24 million (USD 28.7 million), which could rise up to EUR 35 million depending on target working capital.Braemar said the transaction would enable the company to create a new division to be known as the Financial Division, which would be headed by Mark Kuchenbecker and Axel Siepmann.In addition, the acquisition is said to be in line with Braemar’s strategy to improve market coverage and diversify business operations by venturing into the valuable maritime financial advisory market.As explained, acquisition benefits include continued growth opportunities from the strong fundamental market drivers of the NAVES niche business, which include continuing high global levels of distressed maritime debt, particularly held by German banks.“The board has been looking for high-quality acquisitions for some time as a key part of Braemar’s growth strategy. NAVES not only introduces a new service offering for Braemar, enhancing our ‘full service’ offer to our customers, but also widens our geographical footprint,” James Kidwell, Chief Executive Officer of Braemar said.“We have plans to develop the NAVES business within the group considerably as this acquisition marks a very good entry level into this growing niche market. It also signifies Braemar’s return to growth and I have no doubt that this will create further value for shareholders.”The acquisition requires the approval of shareholders, who are set to convene on September 26, 2017, at a general meeting.
Melbana Chairman, Andrew Purcell, said: “The 3D seismic data provides excellent definition of the Beehive prospect, which is now characterised as greater than 400 million barrels of prospective resource in the best case. 2020 updated Beehive Prospective Resources incorporating 3D seismic data The company said on Monday that the resource estimate was based on the results of a comprehensive assessment of the Beehive 3D seismic data acquired across the prospect. Melbana holds a 100 per cent interest in the licence. The farm-out process is underway for potential drilling in late 2021. It is worth reminding that Melbana was granted by Australian offshore regulator the approval to suspend the deadline for completion of the current WA-488-P permit year work obligations by 12 months. According to Melbana, the 3D seismic data set has strongly validated the presence of the Beehive prospect, with the resulting characterisation having a modest 7 per cent increase of Best Estimate Prospective Resource compared to the assessment conducted in 2018 by independent reserves expert McDaniel & Associates based on the pre-existing 2D seismic data. Melbana Energy has reported a modest increase in the best estimate prospective resource of the Beehive prospect, located in WA-488-P offshore Australia. The prospect is now characterised as having more than 400 million barrels of prospective resources. “This updated assessment, along with the 12-month extension to the permit tenure that Melbana successfully applied for earlier this year provides a solid foundation for securing a farm-in partner to WA-488-P. Depending on the outcome of the current farm-out process, Melbana expects the Beehive prospect to be drilled in late 2021”.
Franklin County residents should be aware of a potential scam, according to police.The Franklin County Sheriffs Department sent a public Nixle alert on Monday morning warning residents to disregard text messages from Huntington Bank.Several citizens have reported receiving a text message from a number identifying itself as Huntington Bank and requesting the recipient to call back.“The people calling back the number, and what their getting is, either enter their debit card number or give them their social security number,” said Jackie Schulz, Franklin County Communications. “We just want to make sure the county was aware of it and not call the number.”Contact your local bank if you feel information has been compromised, Schulz noted.
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has said his objective is to improve the team in 2020 following a difficult 2019 in which the Spanish powerhouse failed to pick up any silverware.”We dropped points, that’s a reality Zidane told a press conference on Friday. “But it’s a complicated season in which it’s difficult to secure points all the time because there are teams that play well. The most important thing is to give everything, that’s the strength of this time,” Efe news quoted him as saying.”We are going to try to improve in 2020,” he added.He said players had returned from the Christmas break motivated to get working ahead of the Supercopa tie against Getafe on Saturday.”The fight always goes on. I would underline the desire we have to get out and play again.”Looking into the second half of the season, Madrid faces a tough campaign domestically in La Liga and on a European level in the Champions League.”Failure would be to not try, to not give everything.”At the end of the day, only one team wins La Liga and the Champions League and the rest are not stupid.”He once again dismissed links between him and Manchester United’s Paul Pogba, who has been tipped for a possible move to the Santiago Bernabeu for several months.But he did give a special mention to Isco Alarcon, whom he said he identified with. “I identify with all of my players but it is true that, because of the position he plays, I identify more with Isco. He’s an important player and he is demonstrating it.” IANSAlso Read: We are not looking to avenge our loss to PSG: Zinedine Zidane Also Watch: Team India captain Virat Kohli addresses media ahead T20 match in Guwahati
New Delhi: Delhi Daredevils, which has been rechristened to Delhi Capitals ahead of the twelfth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has appointed former India captain Sourav Ganguly as an advisor for the upcoming season, starting on March 23. Defending champions Chennai Super Kings will host Royal Challengers Bangalore in the season opener at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Delhi Capitals, who have never played an IPL final, will start their campaign on March 24 when they take the field against three-time champions Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Announcing this on Twitter, Delhi Capitals said: “Tigers, say hello to our Royal Bengal Tiger! We’re delighted to welcome @SGanguly99 to Delhi Capitals, in the role of an Advisor.”It is no doubt that Sourav Ganguly aka Dada will bring a lot to the table and will also help the franchise to produce a better performance than before. Ganguly, along with the likes of Ricky Ponting and Mohammad Kaif can be a fiery combination for Delhi Capitals. With a lot of youngsters roped in by the franchise this year, they will have a lot to look forward to as the trio’s experience can be vital for them to become a better team. Ganguly was the captain of Kolkata Knight Riders in the inaugural edition of the IPL in 2008. He played for the Kolkata-based franchise until 2012, following which Gautam Gambhir led them to the title twice. One of the most inconsistent teams in the history of IPL, the Delhi-based franchise is eyeing a remarkable run in the IPL 2019 with a new name and a set of fresh faces at the helm.This remains to be seen if the change in name and coaches can help Capitals to be back on the winning track. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Delhi Capitals will be up against Mumbai Indians in their opening game. Sourav Ganguly will be the advisor of Delhi Capitals for the upcoming season. Delhi Capitals has never played the finals of Indian Premier League.
POLL ALERT: South Carolina remains No. 1 in women’s Top 25, Oregon leapfrogs Baylor for No. 2 after Lady Bears lose
Associated Press POLL ALERT: South Carolina remains No. 1 in women’s Top 25, Oregon leapfrogs Baylor for No. 2 after Lady Bears lose March 9, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — POLL ALERT: South Carolina remains No. 1 in women’s Top 25, Oregon leapfrogs Baylor for No. 2 after Lady Bears lose.
(CMC) – Left-hander Jonathan Carter has been recalled following a two-year absence while speedster Shannon Gabriel also returns after a 16-month break, in a weakened West Indies 14-man squad for next month’s Tri-Nations Series against hosts Ireland and Bangladesh.The side, led by regular captain Jason Holder, will be without key players who featured against recently against England, with the likes of veteran Chris Gayle, Carlos Brathwaite, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran and Oshane Thomas all tied up in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL).All-rounder Keemo Paul, who was forced out of the England series due to injury, is fit again but also plying his trade in the IPL.The squad is the first one to be chosen by the new selection panel headed by Robert Haynes and which includes director of cricket, Jimmy Adams, and interim head coach, Floyd Reifer.“We are immediately implementing the new policy of having the best West Indies team selected based on availability, form and fitness,” Haynes said.“The pace attack of Shannon Gabriel, Kemar Roach and Jason Holder will only serve to enhance the performances we expect from the team. We felt that the composition of the team brought together a harmony of experienced international players and players who have been on the periphery of international cricket.”Adams reiterated the squad was not the World Cup side which is set to be announced later this month, but said it would allow players the experience of English conditions.“They have selected a squad to Ireland that allows a slightly wider pool of players to get 50-over experience in UK conditions which I think is very important,” said the former Test captain.“This is not the World Cup squad, as a number of players are not available for this series as they are still participating in the IPL.”All-rounder Rovman Powell, who led West Indies on the tour of Bangladesh last year, is missing from the squad. He was forced out of the England series with injury but there was no word from CWI on if he has returned to fitness.And even in a weakened squad, there still is no place for Leeward Islands off-spinning all-rounder Rahkeem Cornwall, who has been repeatedly ignored in recent years despite outstanding performances for the Hurricanes franchise domestically and for West Indies A.Carter, meanwhile, has not played since India’s tour of the Caribbean in 2017 while Gabriel last turned out in an ODI on the tour of New Zealand later that year.The 31-year-old Carter averaged 50 and scored over 350 runs in the last Super50 Cup and also was also among the leading scorers in the just concluded Regional first class tournament with nearly 700 runs at an average of 40.The Tri-Nations Series runs from May 3 to 17 and is the final one-day tour for the Caribbean side before the ICC World Cup which starts May 30 in England.SQUAD – Jason Holder (captain), John Campbell, Darren Bravo, Shai Hope, Sheldon Cottrell, Shannon Gabriel, Kemar Roach, Sunil Ambris, Raymon Reifer, Fabian Allen, Ashley Nurse, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Jonathan Carter.
TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) – A plane carrying the Olympic torch from Greece will arrive today on Japan’s northwestern coast, ravaged by a 2011 tsunami, but the welcome ceremony will have no spectators, amid worries that the Games could be cancelled over a coronavirus pandemic.The Olympic flame will arrive at Matushima air base and will tour the Tohoku region hit by the tsunami and earthquake, in what the organisers call a “recovery flame” tour until the official kick-off ceremony in Fukushima on March 26.Organisers have repeatedly said the Games, set to run from July 24 to August 9, will go ahead but as the rapid spread of the virus brings the sports world to a virtual standstill, fears are growing that the Olympics may be postponed or cancelled. Japan is grappling with pressure to avoid a health crisis among 600 000 expected overseas spectators and athletes at an event that could see $3 billion in sponsorships and at least $12 billion spent on preparations evaporate.The plane with the torch will arrive nearly empty after the Tokyo 2020 organising committee decided not to send a high-level delegation that was originally to have included its chief, Yoshiro Mori, and Olympics minister Seiko Hashimoto. Organisers have urged the public not to crowd the relay route, cancelled many events along the way and have restricted public access to others. Runners and staff will have their temperature and health monitored, the organisers said.The torch relay in Greece was cancelled to avoid drawing crowds.The respiratory disease, which emerged in China late last year, has killed about 9 000 people worldwide and infected nearly 200 000. Some athletes, including reigning Olympic pole vault champion Katerina Stefanidi, said the International Olympic Committee’s decision to go ahead was putting their health at risk when entire countries have shut down to curb the virus.The relay is due to pass many of Japan’s most famous landmarks over a 121-day journey, including Mount Fuji, Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park and Kumamoto Castle.