Yadadri-Bhongir: Pall of gloom descended on a home which had been celebrating the marriage of one of its member sometime ago, as four members of the family were killed due to electric shock. This tragic incident took place at Mukthapur village under Bhongir municipal limits on Friday night. According to villagers, one Chindam Sailu performed his son’s marriage with a girl from Revanapally village on June 19. After completing the marriage rituals they reached their residence in Mukthapur on Friday. Also Read – Heavy rains lash erstwhile Khammam district Advertise With Us As a part of decoration, house was illuminated with bulbs and the wire was tied to an iron pole. Also tied to the same iron pole was an iron wire which was used for drying up the wet clothes. As the power was supplied for lighting of bulbs, a live wire touched the iron wire. When the maternal aunt of the bridegroom tried to hang the wet clothes on the iron wire, she got electric shock. Hearing her screams, the family members rushed to her rescue. Also Read – Thimmapur villagers pledge to go plastice-free Advertise With Us Thus, one by one four members of the family got electrocuted while trying to save her. In this incident bridegroom Chindam Praveen, his parents Chindam Sailu (55) and Gangamma(50) and bridegroom’s maternal aunt Gangamma got electric shock. These unconscious persons were rushed to a hospital in Hyderabad for treatment. The doctors confirmed that they were brought dead. Advertise With Us Meanwhile, bridegroom’s brothers Bhaskar, Shiva Shankar, kin Onteddu Laxmamma escaped injuries and were saved as the power supply to the wire from pole was stalled when one person hit the wire with a wooden stick. Large number of villagers and kin participated in funeral ceremony of the bridegroom Praveen and his parents Sailu and Gangamma, where as Gangamma’s dead body was shifted to Tummala Gudem of Ramannapet mandal in the district to perform her last rites.