Nationals not thinking about trading Max Scherzer ‘right now,’ general manager says “I don’t think my mindset or the mission statement for this franchise has changed,” Van Wagenen said, via SNY. “It’s been our goal to win now and our goal is to win in the future. So, moves that we make will have an eye towards that. My hope and my belief is that we can be in contention over the course of the next several weeks and can continue to push that gas pedal down.”The Yankees have been linked to a potential move for Wheeler while there could be “four to five” teams interested in him, a major league talent evaluator told the New York Post. “It’s something that you don’t want to think about, but I guess it’s in the back of your head,” Wheeler said. “But I’m here now and I want to help this team win. I know we’re capable of it and we’ve got a good squad.””It’s something that you don’t want to think about, but I guess it’s in the back of your head” – Zack Wheeler on potentially getting traded if the Mets sell pic.twitter.com/eTKKVuf052— SNY (@SNYtv) June 18, 2019Wheeler holds a 5-5 record with a 4.94 ERA in 15 starts so far this season. He has struck out 103 and walked 28 in 94 2/3 innings on the mound. Related News The Mets entered play Tuesday in third place of the National League East with a 34-38 record. They trailed the division-leading Braves by 8 1/2 games and were 5 1/2 games behind the Cubs for the second wild-card spot.“We need to turn things around very quick and I think we’re very capable of that,” Wheeler said. “It starts with the pitching. Just got to bear down, keep runs off the board and have quick innings.”New York, however, won’t necessarily be sellers at the trade deadline, general manager Brodie Van Wagenen said last weekend. Zack Wheeler is trying to focus on the present.The 29-year-old starter is in the final year of his contract and the Mets could reportedly consider moving him if they fall further out of playoff contention. Wheeler addressed the trade rumors when he met with reporters Monday. Noah Syndergaard injury update: Mets place pitcher (hamstring) on IL Braves hope Dallas Keuchel can make 2019 debut Friday against Nationals
Allow us to paraphrase one national leader who so aptly put it, “Ebola is destruction that equates to warfare”. Everyone would agree that we have been attacked by Ebola. And Ebola is a biological phenomenon. So it is a different kind of attack we’re experiencing.Our health officials have emphasized one very good defense against this Ebola attack. It is Water. “Wash your hands”, they tell us. Wash with Water and clorox and have others around you wash their hands. Wash and peel uncooked foods before eating them. Water is a prime element of prevention and healing. Drinking enough clean, “pure” Water helps us avoid many kinds of sicknesses. And more than that, Water can heal your body of existing health problems. This makes the body strong enough to fight an attack of Ebola.It is still rainy season in many parts of our country. These days, most functional wells and rain harvesting containers should be supplying enough Water. To insure these wells, containers, and storage vessels are kept clean and sanitary, we will need, again, Water to wash them. At this time of Ebola in the rainy season, we must store lots of the Ebola preventive – Water.There is yet another defense that works hand in hand with all the guidelines our health officials are giving. It is Discipline. Discipline is like the catalyst that makes the other preventive measures work. Its symbol is the Double War Horn, the same cow or elephant horn made by the men who were instructed to blow it to put the village on alert when there was trouble coming. Except in this case, the Double War Horn is needed because the danger is so sinister. The particular rhythm and tones the horns blew when there was danger put everyone on guard. Discipline was the law in those days: “No one make a sound! Everyone – weapons in position, all listening for the next signal”.Many hospitals are closed at this time or poorly equipped. This is not the time to get sick or injured! Discipline yourself to avoid putting anything in your body or doing anything that puts you or your health at risk and in need of hospital care.We have received the Double War Horn’s signal. Our Discipline must take over: No shaking hands even though it’s our unique custom to shake and snap and even embrace. Don’t do it! Survival first! No eating bush meat. Survival first!This new kind of attack requires new weapons/defenses. Water and Discipline are a good start.(Please share this information with those who don’t read.)Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
“The active search has been discontinued due to exhausting all present leads and the lack of new information,” friend Mike Olson said in a statement. “Of course, should we or the Coast Guard receive any new information, we will investigate it.” The Coast Guard scoured 132,000 square miles of the Pacific Ocean, looking as far south as the Channel Islands over four days without finding a trace of Gray or his boat. Last week, Gray’s colleagues expanded their search for him to waters off Mexico, nearly a week after the Coast Guard called off its own search. SAN FRANCISCO – Friends of a renowned computer scientist who disappeared off the California coast said Friday that they were suspending their search for him and his sailboat. The Coast Guard, San Francisco police and colleagues of Jim Gray, 63, had been searching for the Microsoft engineer and his 40-foot-yacht, Tenacious, since Jan. 28. Gray, acclaimed for his pioneering research on databases, set out from San Francisco late last month to scatter his mother’s ashes around the Farallon Islands, about 25 miles west of the Golden Gate Bridge. Gray’s friends and colleagues had used satellite imagery, collected wind and current data and arranged for searches from Oregon to Mexico’s Baja California coast. They also walked the coastline and distributed posters of Jim and his boat, but didn’t find any clues to his whereabouts. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
State Rep. Kim LaSata today announced plans to meet with residents of Southwest Michigan during her scheduled office hours.Office hours take place on Friday, Feb. 23 at Broad Street Café, 614 Broad St. in St. Joseph, from 10 to 11 a.m.“I look forward to talking with residents of Southwest Michigan about their state government,” LaSata said. “Hosting office hours throughout the community helps me better represent my neighbors, and inform them about what is happening in Lansing. These office hours are an excellent way to hear from people in the community about issues that matter most to them.”No appointment is necessary. Those unable to attend are invited to contact her Lansing office by phone at 517-373-1403 or via email at KimLaSata@house.mi.gov. Categories: LaSata News,LaSata Photos,News,Photos 16Feb Rep. LaSata to host local office hours
I am particularly looking forward to seeing the many projects and animals our young people will be submitting as part of 4-H or open class exhibits, some of which will be included in the auctions on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. These are very talented individuals, many of whom work hard all year to prepare for their presentations, and I am impressed each year by their accomplishments. Best of luck to all who are participating!***As I continue visiting businesses across the district, the condition of our roads and the high cost of auto insurance are a couple of concerns I hear mentioned the most. They certainly remain top priorities for me, and I appreciate the feedback and suggestions on ways to improve them. I look forward to continuing the discussion and working toward a solution throughout the summer and into the next legislative session.***The Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget announced a drop in the unemployment rate in June to 4.5 percent. This is the lowest it has been since July 2017, and total employment levels were at their highest so far this year. Since a year ago, total employment has increased by 32,000. Michigan is hiring, and we must ensure people are prepared to fill the job openings across the market. Legislation for continued economic growth and career preparation will remain a primary focus going forward.***I am looking forward to resuming regularly scheduled office hours next month. I hope you will join me on Friday, August 17 at the following times and locations:2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Fowlerville Farms, 941 S. Grand Ave. in Fowlerville;4 to 5 p.m. at Biggby Coffee, 11325 W. Highland Road in Hartland; and5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at All Star Coney Island, 934 Michigan Ave. in Howell.***If you have any ideas, comments or questions for my office, please do not hesitate to call us at 517-373-8835 or send an email to HankVaupel@house.mi.gov. We are happy to hear from you! 23Jul Rep. Hank Vaupel Weekly Column: July 23, 2018 Categories: Vaupel News Next week is the 132nd Annual Fowlerville Family Fair. The fair serves as one of the largest local events each year, and it is a great way to enjoy the summer weather and all the community has to offer. A lot of hard work throughout the year goes into making the fair a success, and it is important to recognize and appreciate the Fowlerville Agricultural Society and all community members who contribute so many hours behind the scenes.
MCCARTNEY WELCOMES FINUCANE COURT DECISIONNORTH BELFASTRaymond McCartneySINN FEIN FOYLE MLASOLICITOR PAT FINUCANEUDA ShareTweet John Finucane and his family get leave to challenge a decision not to hold a public inquiry into UDA murder of his solicitor father Pat in 1989SINN Féin’s Justice spokesperson Raymond McCartney has welcomed the decision by the Supreme Court Justices to grant the Finucane family leave to appeal challenging the decision of former British Prime Minister David Cameron’s not to hold a Public Inquiry into the murder of solicitor Pat Finucane.Speaking today Raymond McCartney said: “Geraldine Finucane and her family should be commended for pursuing this case through the courts and for showing continued determination in their search for justice.“The family have been involved in a long battle with the British state over the circumstances of Pat Finucane’s death and the role of the British state and of its agents in carrying out that murder.“Sinn Féin will continue to support the Finucane family in their search for truth,” added the Foyle MLA. Solicitor Pat Finucane was shot dead by the UDA in February 1989 at his home off the Antrim Road in north Belfast.Up to five of those involved in the planning and carrying out the murder were British State agents.His son John Finucane recently stood for Sinn Fein in north Belfast at the Westminster General Election and narrowly lost out to the sitting DUP MP Nigel Dodds.MCCARTNEY WELCOMES FINUCANE COURT DECISION was last modified: July 26th, 2017 by John2John2 Tags: